July 14, 2016
IRWGS is hiring! See below for details. If interested, please email our program coordinator, Khadija Belly (email@example.com)
Work-Study Position Description – AY2016-17
- Write 2 blog posts per semester
- Contribute to IRWGS social media accounts
o Facebook, twitter – help maintain active presence and frequent interactions
- Cultivate and maintain networks with student groups and solicit student organization events and news.
- General front-office reception. Greet guests, answer phones, check firstname.lastname@example.org, check and send mail.
- Provide support to the Institute (Director, Associate Director, Finance Manager, Program Coordinator and faculty) including photocopying, scanning, research, drafting correspondence, etc.
- Maintain various Google calendars (update calendars by entering on campus events to Affiliated Events calendar)
- Maintain files, scans, Dropbox files, libraries (pdf, syllabus, 754), archives
- Maintain office, seminar room, storage spaces, copier room and announcement areas in hallway
- Publicity: Hang posters, distribute fliers and other advertising
o Add calendar/event listings to IRWGS website, Facebook, Twitter, Columbia events calendar. Send to other departments/schools/groups/listservs as applicable.
o Make buttons and other promotional materials.
- Assist during events: Set-up and break-down of seminar room (or other space). Help serve wine (if applicable), clean throughout event, help where necessary
- Take photos/video, live tweet
- Create event listings to advertise programming. Post edited photos.
- Check different class listings (Bulletin, UNIFY, irwgs.columbia.edu, Summer Studies site, etc) for errors.
- Research lists of cross-listed and related courses. Solicit cross-listed and related courses from professors.